|Four Horsemen of Apocalypse|
|Name:||Four Horsemen of Apocalypse|
|Members:|| Professor X Horseman of Death|
The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are four powerful mutants chosen by Apocalypse himself to serve him against his enemies. They acted as guardians of the sphinx and three pyramids.
To gain complete control over them, the horsemen were implanted with biochips that amplified their powers, allowing them to perform on a far greater scale than usual. It was also shown to have enhanced their endurance, having them exerted their powers at their peak without exhaustion while surviving and quickly recovering from extreme damage. They were also gifted with energy horses as a method of transportation that could portal them across the globe. Their names are derived from the biblical Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.
Horseman of Death. Former leader of the X-Men. Though paralyzed, he was able to walk again (most likely through the implants). His psychic abilities were enhanced and he was given the ability to create psychic energy constructs/weapons, such as a scythe.
- Psychic Weapons
- Psionic Blast
- Astral Projection
- Force Fields
- Magnetic Manipulation
- Electromagnetic Manipulation
- Gravity Manipulation
- Force Fields
Horseman of Pestilence. Former leader of the Brotherhood of Mutants and Magneto's second-in-command. Her shapeshifting powers were enhanced to the point where she could become more than one creature at once, turn body parts into weapons, become liquid, and could heal wounds and regrow limbs. She was also capable of opening holes in her body to allow attacks to pass through her without harm to herself.
- Molecular Rearrangement
- Animal Swarming
- Wall Crawling
- Accelerated Healing Factor
- Superhuman Agility
- Scent Suppression
Horseman of Famine. Former Teacher of the X-Men and Professor X's second-in-command. Her control over the weather was greatly enhanced and she could survive being encapsulated in ice.
- Weather Manipulation
- Weather Immunity
- Optic Force Blasts
- The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse are based off the biblical Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Conquest (later addressed as Pestilence), War, Famine and Death.
- The implants placed on each member made them resemble Apocalypse.
- When Apocalypse revealed his horsemen, their clothing was damaged, implying that the implants on Professor X, Magneto, Mystique & Storm were applied forcefully by Apocalypse.
- When Apocalypse was defeated, they lost their enhanced powers.
- In the comics, Gambit, Wolverine and Angel were all briefly the Horseman of Death.
- It is currently unknown if Apocalypse had others to serve as his horsemen before using Xavier, Magneto, Storm and Mystique.
- In X-Men: Apocalypse, the themes of the Four Horsemen were politics, military, youth and sex.