|In the Comics:||Scott Summers|
|Real Name:||Scott Summers|
|Alias:|| Cyclops |
|Originally From:||Honolulu, Hawaii, USA|
|Relatives:|| Mom and Dad|
Alex Summers (Brother)
|Interests:|| Jean Grey (Girlfriend)
Taryn Fujioka (Ex)
|Powers:||Concussive Optic Blasts|
|First appearance:||Strategy X|
|Portrayed by:||Kirby Morrow|
- "No - we're the X-Men, Wolverine. We're not kids anymore! You trained us, and you know something? We're good...
We're very good."
Must See Episodes
- Strategy X
- Turn of the Rogue
- Power Surge
- The Cauldron I
- The Cauldron II
- On Angel's Wings
- Day of Reckoning II
- Day of Recovery
- The Stuff of Heroes
- Blind Alley
Out of the original six young X-Men, Scott was the most mature and militant, either from being the oldest or the original recruit. Scott is a handsome, good-natured, and confident leader who exudes natural authority, although he is still somewhat standoffish. He tends to acts as a big brother to the younger students at the Institute. And while the other students tend to look up to him, his competitive nature and closely held temper will get in the way at times. He is the most officious and rule-abiding of the X-Men and the least likely to fool around. He has an open sense of humor and he will joke around a couple of times, mostly with Kurt, but, most of the time, he acts in a 'no-nonsense', straightforward manner.
Scott is a handsome Caucasian boy with a tall and lean frame, given his nickname of "Slim" is very fitting. He is very masculine shaped with a V-shaped torso, broad shoulders, square jaw, and clearly defined muscles. Scott has clean-cut brown hair and though his eyes are hidden by his ruby quartz glasses, they are thought to be green or brown. Scott usually wears a blue sweater over a pale yellow shirt, tan pants with a brown belt and light brown shoes. And, of course, his glasses.
His second outfit consists of a dark red collared button-up shirt, form-fitting brown-grayish pants, and brown running shoes with his glasses.
His third outfit consists of a dark brown collared unbuttoned shirt with the sleeves rolled up over a grey shirt, black or dark blue pants, and brown shoes with his glasses.
In his X-Men uniform, Scott wears a dark navy blue bodysuit. Gold platelets with the "X" logo are on both of his shoulders, while a gold X-shaped platelet goes around his chest area. He wears a gold visor in place of his glasses, while small gold platelets protect his knee and shin areas. Matching gold combat boots are worn for shoes with gold gloves worn on both hands.
Powers and Abilities
Scott's body can absorb certain types of electromagnetic energy, including sunlight, metabolize it, and release it in destructive, ruby-red force-based beams through his eyes. Due to a head injury he sustained as a child, he is unable to control these beams and has to use protective glasses made of ruby quartz to suppress them. A special ruby quartz visor is often used to help him focus and manipulate his optical blasts in various, controlled ways. His fully-unleashed powers are incredibly destructive and proved to be able to actually drive back the Juggernaut (even if it's just for a few moments). Due to a similar genetic makeup, this energy is ineffective against those related to him with similar powers, such as his brother, Alex Masters, because Alex's body will simply absorb it.
Scott Summers was the first student in Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters.  When Scott and his younger brother, Alex, were very young, the two were forced to abandon their family's plane when it caught fire while they were flying towards a vacation spot.  After a severe head injury upon landing, which would later prove to be Scott's main reason for not controlling his powers. Scott spent the next few months in a hospital and believed himself to be the only surviving member of his family. As an orphan, Scott bounced from foster home to foster home for most of his childhood. His powers fully emerged while he was in a hospital and blasting a hole through the ceiling. With the sudden boost of power in the area, Professor Xavier's Cerebro computer was able to pinpoint the young mutant, and Scott became the first official X-Men, code-named Cyclops. This moniker likely originated from the ruby quartz crystal visor he wears to block his powers. These make it appear as if he only has one eye.   
- Blind Alley
In the Season 3 episode Day of Recovery, Cyclops, Storm and Mystique had split leadership in a mission to rescue all their missing teammates being held in Area 51, a military complex. During their escape, Cyclops left Mystique behind when she refused to tell him where she'd hidden Professor X. In this episode, Mystique gets her revenge. Scott gets a call from his brother Alex Summers, who stuck in Mexico and needs a lift. Cyclops goes to his assistance only to be ambushed by Mystique. She knocks him out and abandons him in the Mexican desert without his glasses or visor. After a run-in with wolves, Scott is found by desert workers and taken to the hospital, which he accidentally damages. Mystique finds him again and they fight in an abandoned warehouse. Mystique pretends to be Jean Grey to get the upper hand, but Scott sees through it blasts her just in time for the real Jean to arrive and finish the villain off. Jean was able to find Scot over such a great distance through a mental bond that they now realize they share. The end of this episode marks the beginning of a romantic relationship for Jean and Scott.
When Charles Xavier was under Apocalypse's control, he was able to scan the mind of Apocalypse. In The Future, Xavier saw adult versions of the X-Men including Cyclops. He's shown to be wearing a dark navy blue short-sleeved bodysuit. He wears a black visor, a gold utility belt bearing the "X" logo, black gloves, and gold knee-length combat boots. Also, Cyclops is more muscular, has a shorter haircut and a noticeably tanner skin complexion.
- Production Art - Scott Summers
- Concept Art for Cyclops.
- 2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible .
- Scott is an Orphan.
- Scott is in a romantic relationship with Jean Grey.
- Strategy X shows the start of the Scott/Jean/Duncan love triangle. 
- Scott had a best friend named Paul Haits. 
- Cyclops mouths 'Fuzzy Elf' after Shadowcat says it to Nightcrawler when they are on the X-Jet. 
- In grade 10, Scott took Drama with Rogue, Taryn Fujioka, Paul Haits, and Duncan Matthews 
- Rogue absorbs Cyclops' power and was able to control it, suggesting she's taking his powers at a genetic level, bypassing the brain damage that prevents Scott from turning off his eye beams.
- In Spykecam, Logan and Scott are both shown to be black belts .
- When Scott & Alex were younger they were both in a plane crash. 
- Jean and Scott grow closer in Power Surge, foreshadowing their future relationship. 
- Began liking Taryn Fujioka, after they spend the night together during a high school carnival. 
- Alex Summers told Scott he filed to have his last name changed back to Summers. 
- Operation: Rebirth is the first time Scott Summers does not appear. 
- Scott goes to the Sadie Hawkins Dance with Taryn Fujioka. 
- Retreat is one of the very few episodes Jean Grey and Cyclops do not appear. 
- Mystique is left behind by Cyclops in Area 51 to be captured. She soon escapes and seek revenge against him. 
- The graffiti mural in the opening scene of Mainstream has distortions of Wolverine, Rogue, Cyclops, and Jean Grey. 
- Jean & Scott have their first date at a concert. 
- Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Multiple, Sunspot and Magma all appear but have no lines in X23. 
- Sunspot and Cyclops are seen, but have no lines in Ghost of a Chance. 
- In the kitchen, everyone is using their powers as they are all running late. Magma is frying her eggs, Nightcrawler is setting the table, Berzerker is making a milkshake, Cyclops is opening bagels, Iceman is eating an apple and icing everyone's drinks, and Shadowcat is getting things out of the fridge and tossing them to Multiple and Sunspot. 
- Jean and Scott are shown graduating Bayville High School. 
- Charles Xavier saw The Future where Scott is leader of the X-Men. 
- Scott's Convertible has been destroyed three times.   
- Jean & Scott have established a psychic rapport at some point, possibly after he saved her in Power Surge.  
- After defeating Juggernaut, Avalanche tells Cyclops that he's not half bad as a team leader, and Cyclops tell him he can call the shots the next time. In Day Of Reckoning, Avalanche is the team leader due to Cyclops' absence. 
- The color of Scott's eyes is inconsistent throughout the series. In the flashbacks to the plane crash they are green,  while following his temporary enhancement in the same episode, they appear black. Earlier in the season they blue.  Then when Scott is shown removing his visor after Dorian Leech uses his powers for the first time, though low lighting, they appear brown. 
- Meghan Black (Rogue) & Kirby Morrow (Scott Summers) worked as Atlanta & Jay on Class of the Titans
- When Charles Xavier started the X-Men, Cyclops was one of the first members along with Jean Grey, Angel, Iceman and Beast.
- Scott Summers and Jean Grey get married and have two children. Rachel, and Nathan Summers.
- Nathan Summers/Cabel's father is Scott Summers, but his mother is Jean Grey's clone.
- He is the father of Cabel, but Cable is older thank to Time Travel.
- Scott Summers had an emotional affair with Emma Frost, who he later married her after Jean's 'death'.
- Married three times. Jean Grey who died. Jean Grey's clone Madelyne Pryor and later Emma Frost.
- His dad, Christopher Summers' is a deadbeat Space Pirate.
- Is the older brother of Alex Summers, also know as Havok and Gabriel Summers AKA Vulcan.
- Interestingly, Scott Summers and Alex Summers are immune to each other’s powers, Alex is resistant to Gabriel’s powers, Gabriel is immune to both of their powers, but Scott isn’t resistant to Gabriel’s powers.
- Scott Summers killed Charles Xavier and is now both loved and hated by Mutants.
- His rivalry with Wolverine led to a split within the X-Men.
- A young Scott has been brought to the present day, and has a crush on Wolverine's clone, X-23.
- After the X-Men split into two teams Psylocke was constantly trying to hook up with Scott Summers behind Jean Grey's back.
- Is one of Stan Lee's favorites.
- Currently dead.
|Strategy X||X Impulse||Rogue Recruit||Mutant Crush||Speed & Spyke||Middleverse||Turn of the Rogue|
|Spykecam||Survival of the Fittest||Shadowed Past||Grim Reminder *||The Cauldron I||The Cauldron II|
|Day of Recovery||The Stuff of Heroes||Mainstream||The Stuff of Villains||Blind Alley||X-Treme Measures|| The Toad, the Witch, |
and the Wardrobe
|Self Possessed||Under Lock and Key||Cruise Control||X23 *||Dark Horizon I||Dark Horizon II|
|Impact||No Good Deed||Target X||Sins of the Son||Uprising||Cajun Spice||Ghost of a Chance *||Ascension I||Ascension II|