|Real Name:||Henry Phillip McCoy|
|Originally From:||Dundee, Illinois USA|
|Relatives:||Norton McCoy (father)|
Edna McCoy (mother)
|Powers:||Enhanced strength |
|First Appearance:||Growing Pains|
|Voiced by:||Michael Kopsa|
- "I can see now that teaching mutants will require entirely different skills. "
Must See Episodes
Personality-wise, Hank is a very friendly and warm-hearted man when he isn't affected by beast's anger. He was also very smart, which was implied; when he was shown to understand Egyptian Hieroglyphics.
Hank also has a genius intellect and is also sometimes refined. Although he does like to have fun - especially with snowball fights.
In Hank's beast form, he has long shaggy hair, relatively long arms and opposable thumbs on his feet, much like a giant gorilla.
Powers and Abilities
Originally, Hank had a more human disposition, but an adverse reaction to a serum he developed to suppress his mutation caused his mutation to change, giving him full-bodied, blue fur and an ape-like physiology. Hank's mutant physiology grants him superhuman strength (he was seen bending a steel girder in the episode Day of Reckoning II) speed (by running on all fours) stamina, reflexes, balance, endurance and agility, as well as large paws with opposable thumbs; instead of feet which he can use to grasp objects or climb almost any surface and terrain with superhuman dexterity.
- Production Art - Beast
- Hank was a teacher at Bayville High School before he turned into Beast.
- For Christmas Beast and the Professor sit in front of the Christmas tree together, drinking hot chocolate.
- Rogue and Beast are both shown several times being rescued, but have no lines.
- Rogue, Wolverine, Blob, Beast and Spyke were all captured by the military and sent to Area 51.
- Rogue, Storm, Wolverine and Beast all appear in No Good Deed, but have no lines.
- Beast can possibly understand, and speak Mandarin. He was able to listen in on what happened in China after they bombed one of the domes. 
- Charles Xavier saw The Future where Beast is still a member of the X-Men.
- Jean Grey was the first character to loose control of her powers in the series. Hank McCoy was the second, then Wanda Maximoff was next  with Evan Daniels being the fourth, and finally Rogue was the fifth and final character.
- Beast is one of the main few X-Men who wasn't de-aged for the series, acting as a mentor and teacher to several other X-Men.
- When they were making the design for Beast, they tried to make him more grey than blue.
In other media
- This is Beast's second role in an animated X-Men cartoon, his previous role was in X-Men: The Animated Series.
- Beast was a main character in Wolverine and the X-Men.
- Films Beast had a role in include; X2, X-Men: Last Stand and X-Men: First Class.
- Games Beast appeared in include; X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse, X2: Wolverine's Revenge and Marvel Super War.
|Growing Pains||Power Surge||Bada-Bing Bada-Boom||Fun and Games||The Beast of Bayville||Adrift||On Angel's Wings||African Storm||Joyride|
|Walk on the Wild Side||Operation: Rebirth||Mindbender||Shadow Dance||Retreat||The Hex Factor||Day of Reckoning I||Day of Reckoning II|
|Day of Recovery *||The Stuff of Heroes||Mainstream||The Stuff of Villains||Blind Alley||X-Treme Measures||The Toad, the Witch, |
and the Wardrobe
|Self Possessed||Under Lock and Key||Cruise Control||X23||Dark Horizon I||Dark Horizon II|
|Impact||No Good Deed||Target X||Sins of the Son||Uprising||Cajun Spice||Ghost of a Chance||Ascension I||Ascension II|